Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland in your brain. It’s primarily responsible for regulating your body’s circadian rhythm to manage your natural sleep cycle. Therefore, it’s often used as a sleep aid to combat issues like insomnia. It’s widely available in the US and Australia as an over-the-counter medication but requires a prescription in other parts of the world, such as Europe. In addition to improving sleep, melatonin is also involved in managing immune function, blood pressure and cortisol levels. Plus, it acts as an antioxidant, with some research finding that it can significantly affect many health conditions.*
Benefits of Melatonin Supplements
- Melatonin Supplements in capsules helps improve sleep quality.
- Sometimes it’s hard to unwind after a long day. That’s when it’s time for Melatonin, a hormone naturally produced in the body that is closely involved in the natural sleep cycle.*
- It’s a terrific choice if you experience occasional sleeplessness or jet lag, or if you want to improve your quality of rest.*
- Melatonin helps you fall asleep quickly and stay asleep longer.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.