Many studies have shown the benefits of avocado capsules in improving pain associated with osteoarthritis.
Avocado oil-based supplements are used to support weight loss, ketogenic diets, healthy hair, joint flexibility, and cardiovascular health. They are a natural source of monounsaturated fatty acids and fatty acids such as omega 6-9 polyunsaturated.
Within this article, we are going to review the nutritional composition of avocado oil capsules, its uses in traditional medicine, health benefits, dosages, side effects, and drug interactions.
There are over 190 avocado supplements available on the market today. There are essential oils, liquid extracts, tinctures, capsules, tablets, and powders, even topical creams.
Most oral supplements provide between 500 and 1,000 mg of avocado oil. Whenever possible, it’s important to make sure you select non-GMO supplements that are guaranteed to be free of contaminants. Also, you should store the products according to their instructions in cool, dark places.
Beyond this, avocado capsules are effective in treating multiple pathologies ranging from healthier hair to the prevention of heart-related diseases.
The health benefits associated with the consumption of avocado capsules are:
- Contains antioxidants.
- May help lower serum cholesterol, triglycerides, and certain inflammatory markers.
- It can help you better absorb other nutrients from food.
- Rich in protein, healthy fats, fiber, and 20 different vitamins and minerals.
- Considerably relieves the symptoms of arthritis.
Avocado is also considered to be potentially effective for osteoarthritis (cartilage degeneration) and hypercholesterolemia (high serum cholesterol).
On the other hand, some research has been carried out with this supplement for obesity and psoriasis, concluding that it has effects that promote weight loss. Likewise, it is believed that the consumption of these capsules for several months significantly reduces pain and general disability in some people diagnosed with osteoarthritis.
In addition to this, according to multiple studies, enriching your diet with avocado supplements and monounsaturated fatty acids can:
- Reduce total serum cholesterol.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol.
- Reduce apolipoprotein B.
- Increase serum high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels.
Avocado Capsules Dosage Recommendations
When used as a dietary supplement, the typical dose is between 500 and 1,000 mg of avocado oil per day in capsules or liquid drops.
The following oral doses of avocado for adults indicated are the most recommended by specialists:
- 1/2-1 1/2 avocado fruit per day, for 2-4 weeks, to reduce serum lipid levels.
- 300 grams of avocado fruit a day, for 7 days, for high cholesterol.
- ASU 300 mg/kg daily for 3 to 6 months for osteoarthritis of the knee.
- ASU 300 mg/kg daily for 2 years for osteoarthritis of the hip.
As you can see, avocado capsules are quite beneficial for general health, you just have to consult a specialist to put them to the test.